Senior Lab Technician Position at Arxada
Arxada is a pioneering leader with a powerful legacy: Over 120 years of creating specialty chemicals and solutions that potentiate the performance of our customers and their products. Our solutions, our expertise and our support help them to perform better - to be more efficient, more effective and more sustainable. We are passionate about empowering high performance and enabling our employees, partners and customers to realize their full potential. Together we make daily life safer, cleaner, healthier and greener. If you like making a difference, we are the company for you!
The successful Sr. Lab Technician will be a Microbiologist performing routine and specialized testing for all BU and R&D needs under the guidance of the supervisor. You will be carrying out the practical work in the laboratory, including planning of the work, and technical assessment of results. This position is an onsite role in Alpharetta, GA.
- Perform Microbiology testing experiments following AOAC, ASTM, OECD or other defined methodologies with limited supervision.
- Prepare reports and evaluations on data obtained from experiments and, if necessary, orally present observations, conclusions and recommendations
- Sharing-Best-Practices within the team for techniques and equipment.
- Collaborates with internal and external teams, provide schedule flexibility as directed.
- Train new employees on laboratory methods and practices.
- Supports projects as needed such as method development and R&D investigations.
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience in Microbiology, Associate’s degree acceptable with relevant experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience on the job but willing to train the right candidate without prior work experience (after education).
- Proficient understanding of procedures, concepts and state-of-the art techniques/ technologies.
- Problem solving skills in the field of microbiology, efficient planning and execution skills, good communication skills to exchange relevant information; team player; written and oral communication.
- Attention to detail and good work ethic.
- Adapt quickly to changes of working environment and management.
- Organized, proactive self-starter able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks; adhere to timeline commitments.
- Entrepreneurial, reliable and accurate, flexible, can handle parallel work, able to withstand stress, direction setting attitude.
- Weekend hours required – 10 to 15 minutes of work to start a culture (rotational bases).
Arxada - Potentiating Performance
Arxada is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information or questions, please email Dr. Laura Gage at email@example.com.