Assistant Research Professor, Chemical & Biological Engineering
Office: 322 Barnard Hall
Specialty: Medical biofilms
- Ph.D. Bioengineering, 2003
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 2003
Dissertation: “Glycosaminoglycan Hydrogels for Wound Healing”
Advisor: Glenn D. Prestwich, Ph.D.
- B.S.E Materials Science and Eng. (magna cum laude), 1997
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Exploring how biofilms contribute to wound chronicity
- Developing new in vitro wound/biofilm models
- Evaluating antimicrobial properties of biomaterials
- Investigating anti-biofilm technologies for the health care field
- Development of a predictive moderate throughput assay to screen novel Designer Proline-rich antimicrobial peptide Chaperone protein inhibitors (DPCs) against multi-drug resistant pathogens, from Arrevus Inc (ARREVU).